STUDY MD MS IN NEPAL
Study MD MS in Nepal is an incredible opportunity for those Indian medical aspirants who have been looking for Medical as a desire profession. Apart from being a neighborly country, Nepal has many things in common with India. If you aspire to study in a friendly and familiar environment and that too at very competitive costs, then Nepal will be an ideal country for you. Many medical institutions in the country in Nepal are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Some of the best medical universities in theNepal are Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University, B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, etc. These universities have many colleges under them that offer quality MD MS programs. Based on the merit, these institutions select students for MD MS admission.
MD MS in Nepal at a Glance
Why MD MS in Nepal ?
• Indians looking to visit Nepal don’t need a Visa or Passport. India and Nepal have strong, friendly relations, and Indian students can go there without any rigorous document verification.
• MD MS admission fee is quite reasonable in Nepal. Even most of part of the curriculum resembles that of Indian medical colleges. Private medical colleges in Nepal are far cheaper when compared to India.
• The country has several top-ranked medical colleges with expert faculty members hailing from India.
• Excellent weather conditions, lifestyle, food, cultural activities, etc. are some other factors that are somehow similar to India. Indian students pursuing higher education in Nepal feel like being at home. Indians are in considerable numbers in the country, and hence their festivals are also celebrated with high regard.
• Boys and girls in Nepal are assigned separate hostels. You can get accommodation outside the university as well. A peaceful and beautiful country, Nepal welcomes overseas students, and there is no issue related to accommodation.
• English and Hindi are common languages in Nepal. Indian medical students find it easy to communicate with locals and teachers. Since hundreds of Indian medical practitioners are practicing and teaching in Nepal, communication is easy here.
Recognition of MD MS in Nepal
Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) is a Screening Test conducted by Medical Council of India. The test is the mandatory requirement for the students who have attained a medical degree from Nepal and wants to practice medicine in India. The MCI screening test was introduced in 2002 as a qualifying examination for Indian students obtaining their medical degrees from countries other than India. Medical schools in Nepal are listed with WHO and recognized by MCI.
The Education System in Nepal
Education System in Nepal is very similar to India and strictly follows MCI syllabus and Indian Medical books. The duration of the course for pursuing MD MS in Nepal is the same as India. Many faculties in Nepal belongs to India and has a great understanding with the Indian students. Some of the medical colleges in Nepal are owned by Indian. Hence the management of the medical institution is Indian as well. Just like a medical council of India, there is Nepal Medical Council that monitors the medical colleges in Nepal. All medical colleges in Nepal are approved by Medical Council of India and Indian students after finishing their MD MS in Nepal have to sit for the MCI Screening Test.
Admissions to Study MD MS in Nepal
• MBBS from any recognized university or any equivalent degree
• Completion of one year internship mandatory
• Should have registration with Medical Council in the respective country
• MS – ENT
• MS – General Surgery
• MS – Orthopedics
• MD – Anesthesia
• MD – Radio Diagnosis
• MD – Dermatology
• MD – Internal Medicine
Student visa for Nepal
Indian students don’t require any visa to enter and stay in Nepal. However, a valid passport is
required as proof of identity and nationality.
1. For Indian students, Visa or Permit is not required to enter and travel in Nepal
2. If traveling by air, any identity card is required like Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License or any Govt. ID with Photo and address
3. It is suggested to carry Passport
4. If crossing any land border point it is helpful to carry any ID.
TOP MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN NEPAL
National Medical College was established in the year 2001, promoted by the “National Medical College Company Pvt. Ltd.” under the Chairmanship of Prof. Dr. Jainuddin Ansari, an outstanding surgeon who has earned national and international credentials for the promotion of Medico-Social services
Universal College of Medical Sciences has been established in the year 1998 in the Bhairahwa region of Nepal. It is located in Rupandehi district and just 15 kilometers away from the birth place of Buddha, Lumbini.
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS) was established on Jan 18, 1993 and subsequently upgraded as an autonomous Health Sciences University on Oct 28, 1998 with a mandate to work towards developing socially responsible and competent health workforce, providing health care & involving in innovative health research.
Chitwan Medical College Teaching Hospital (CMCTH) was established on 20th June 2006. Chitwan Medical College Teaching Hospital (CMC-TH) a tertiary care hospital serves the catchment area of Narayani zone and Central Region of Nepal, an area with a rapidly growing population