NEET PG Counselling DNB: A Guide to the Admission Process
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level postgraduate medical entrance examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBME) for admission to postgraduate medical courses in India. NEET PG is a single window exam for admission to MD/MS/Diploma/DM/MCh programs in government, private, deemed universities, and private medical colleges in India.
DNB stands for Diplomate of National Board. It is a postgraduate super-specialty medical qualification awarded by the National Board of Examinations (NBME). DNB programs are offered in various medical disciplines, such as surgery, anesthesia, radiology, and pathology.
To be eligible for NEET PG counselling for DNB, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- They must have passed the MBBS/BDS examination from a recognized university.
- They must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for PwD candidates).
- They must have completed 1 year of internship as a medical graduate.
- They must have a valid NEET PG score.
The application process for NEET PG counselling for DNB is conducted online through the NBME website. The application form for NEET PG 2023 will be available on the NBME website from March 1 to April 30, 2023.
The application fee for NEET PG counselling for DNB is INR 1,800 for General/OBC candidates and INR 1,200 for SC/ST candidates. The application fee can be paid online using Debit/Credit/Net banking.
The merit list for NEET PG counselling for DNB will be prepared on the basis of the candidate's NEET PG score and the choice of specialization. The merit list will be published on the NBME website after the NEET PG exam is conducted.
The seat allotment for NEET PG counselling for DNB will be done through the NBME online counselling process. The candidates will be allotted a seat in a DNB program in a medical college in India based on their NEET PG score, choice of specialization, and category.
- NEET PG 2023 exam: September 9, 2023
- NEET PG 2023 result: October 20, 2023
- NEET PG counselling DNB 2023: November 2023
NEET PG counselling for DNB is a transparent and fair way to allocate seats in DNB programs in medical colleges in India. If you are aspiring to become a super-specialist doctor, then NEET PG counselling for DNB is the exam you need to clear.
- The number of DNB seats in India is around 5,000.
- The cut-off for NEET PG counselling for DNB varies from year to year. However, the general cut-off is around 600.
- The NBME counselling process for DNB is divided into two rounds. The first round is for the state quota seats, and the second round is for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats.
- The third round of counselling is held only if seats are left vacant after the first two rounds.
Tips for NEET PG Counselling for DNB
- Start early with your preparation.
- Take mock tests regularly to assess your progress.
- Stay focused and motivated.
- Don't give up, even if you don't do well in the first attempt.
- NEET PG counselling for DNB is a competitive exam, so it is important to start your preparation early.
- There are many resources available to help you prepare for NEET PG counselling for DNB, such as books, online courses, and practice tests.
- It is also important to stay focused and motivated during your preparation.
- If you don't do well in the first attempt, don't give up. You can always try again.
I hope this blog has been informative. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate.
Powered by Froala Editor