Option for Clinical Practice is always Open because of its Popularity which has been acquiring great heights day by day. For the last few years, many Foreign Countries have come to know about the Importance of AYURVEDA. Every year thousands of people from Different Countries come to India to receive Ayurvedic Treatment and Due to its Effectiveness and Zero Side Effect, it is being quite popular across the Globe so the Clinical Practice is always a great option for a BAMS graduate. One can also add value to their Knowledge and Study by Pursuing Postgraduate Courses in AYURVEDA like MD IN AYURVEDA or MS IN AYURVEDA. Along with these courses, there are also many Diploma and Certificate Courses in AYURVEDA. A Postgraduate Diploma in EMERGENCY MEDICINE is a 6 Month Course offered by Hinduja hospital, Mumbai or Ruby Clinic in Pune can add value to the Clinical Practice of a BAMS student. There are also many therapies which is a sort of Specialization in
- THERAPY OF SKIN DISEASE
- SPINAL DISORDER
- OPHTHALMOLOGIC DISORDERS
- And Many more Such Therapies where AYURVEDA has a special role to play.
A student after completing Post Graduation in AYURVEDIC MEDICINE can certainly Opt for a Career as an Academician. Hundreds of Private and Government Colleges are in the need of Demonstrators and Lecturers. Pursue a Career in Academics has been always in Demand especially in the field of AYURVEDIC MEDICINE. Recently there are many M.Sc Programs offered by Different Universities in Physiology, Anatomy, Microbiology for BAMS students. The Successful Completion of these courses will help you to build a Successful Career in Academics.
Some of the Universities where M.Sc Course is being offered to BAMS Students are as follows :
- University of Madras
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College
- M.S Ramaiah Medical College
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
There are vast options for Research in AYURVEDA.
There are many good Courses offered for the Purpose
of Research In AYURVEDA even Many colleges abroad
offer Fellowship for Different Streams of Research
in AYURVEDA. Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical
Research is a Course Intently designed for the sake
of Clinical Research. These Courses are available in
Various Institutions and Universities throughout the
CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY OF UK also Offers a Masters Degree in Clinical Research through its Branches in India. These courses enable one to make a Successful Career as a Research Associate in a Pharmaceutical Company. A Student can also join as a Junior Research fellow in many Research Projects conducted by many Institutions and Universities Financially Supported by ICMR, CSIR, CCRAS, etc. In short, the field of Research is always Promising for a BAMS Student because of the Popularity of AYURVEDA
Drug Manufacturing is a Booming Sector because of the High Demand for Herbal Medicine and so as Ayurvedic Practitioners too. There is hunting going on for the Ayurvedic Graduates In order to fulfill the demands of Herbal Medicine which require a Vast Knowledge of Medicinal Plants, Extraction of Raw Material in the form of Powder, Oil, etc. Not only Ayurvedic Medicines but the Cosmetics and Food Market is also growing at the Same Pace so there is a Huge Demand for the Ayurvedic Graduates In Manufacturing Sector.
One can also groom his Career by Pursuing some Need of the hour Courses like B.Pharm (AYURVEDA) in Jamnagar, MBA in Medicinal Marketing, M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Medicine, Diploma in Herbal Medicinal manufacturing which is Conducted by Pune University.
Scope & Future of Ayurveda
A career in Ayurveda is good, as more people are turning to Ayurvedic therapy. Ayurveda is one of the oldest medical therapies currently available to study and practice. An Ayurvedic practitioner can get employment as a medical officer or a doctor at government and private Ayurvedic hospitals. In the age of startups and small businesses, there is good scope for own practice and open a clinic for ayurvedic therapies.
If you like teaching and are passionate about educating people about Ayurveda then there is a satisfactory career in teaching as well. The teaching field is also open for BAMS graduates.
Career after BAMS
After the completion of the BAMS degree, one can either continue general practice or pursue higher studies (MD (Ayurveda)) & MS (Ayurveda) post-graduate diplomas in various subjects such as Panchakarma, Balaroga, etc. or pursue research programs PhD. There are also opportunities to work in hospital and healthcare administration and health supervision.
Top Recruiters for BAMS in India
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited
- The Himalaya Drug Company
- Zandu Pharmaceuticals Works
- Surya Herbal Limited
- Vicco Laboratories
- Charak Pharma Private Limited
- Emami Limited
- Hamdard Laboratories
Top Best Ayurveda Colleges in India
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurgaon
- Patanjali Ayurved College, Haridwar
- Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Pune
- KG Mittal Ayurvedic College, Mumbai
- State Ayurvedic college and Hospital, Lucknow
- Sumatibhai Shah Ayurved Mahavidyalaya Malwadi, Pune
- Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur
- Dr. DY Patil University, Navi Mumbai
- Ashtang Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Pune
- JSS Ayurveda Medical College, Mysuru
- Poddar Ayurved Medical College, Mumbai
- Government Ayurved College, Nanded
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Ayurved, Pune
- Government Ayurvedic College Hospital, Patna
- Himalaya Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Dehradun
- Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur
- Uttaranchal Ayurvedic College, Dehradun
- Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
- Major SD Singh PG Ayurvedic Medical College, Farrukhabad
- Ch Brahm Prakash Ayurved Charak Sansthan, New Delhi
- Dr. GD Pol Foundation YMT Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital PG Institute, Navi Mumbai
- Shri Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur
- Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic Medical College, Bangalore
- Sanskriti University, Mathura
- Dr. DY Patil College of Ayurved and Research Centre, Pune
- Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic Medical College, Mathura
- Vidarbha Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Amravati
- SMBT Ayurved College and Hospital, Nashik
- CSMSS Ayurved Mahavidayalya and Ruganalay, Aurangabad
Best Medical colleges for BAMS course 2020
Patanjali Ayurved College, Haridwar
Patanjali Ayurvedic college offers ayurvedic medical programs. This college is best known for undergraduate medical courses in Ayurveda. It is situated at Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
- Affiliated with – Uttarakhand Technical University
- Approved by – Central Council of Indian Medicine
- Status – Private Medical College
Official Website: http://pac.divyayoga.com/
Admission Procedure :
- Admission to BAMS ( Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery ) courses is provided through the NEET-UG exam scorecard.
- A candidate seeking for MD course in Ayurveda must have a valid NEET PG scorecard and must fulfill eligibility criteria.
Course Offered :
|4.5 + 1 Year
Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurugram
Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, commonly called as SGT University, is located in Budhera, Gurugram district, Haryana, India, in the vicinity of Sultanpur National Park.
Official Website: https://sgtuniversity.ac.in/
|1st Year Fee
|4.5 + 1 Years
|INR. 19 Lacs
|INR 10.53 Lacs
Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Medical education Varanasi holds a long history. Institute in Varanasi are well-equipped with high-end research facilities and infrastructure. BHU is one of the leading government institutes in Varanasi which is well known for a good education. Banaras Hindu University had been established in 1920 with the establishment of the Department of Ayurveda under the Faculty of Oriental Learning and Theology (1922-1927).
Official Website: https://www.bhu.ac.in/ims/
Other Medical Courses
Ayurveda Course Offered :
|4.5 + 1 Year