NEET PG Counselling West Bengal: A Guide to the Admission Process
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level postgraduate medical entrance examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBME) for admission to postgraduate medical courses in India. NEET PG is a single window exam for admission to MD/MS/Diploma/DM/MCh programs in government, private, deemed universities, and private medical colleges in India.
West Bengal is one of the states in India that offers postgraduate medical education. There are a number of government and private medical colleges in West Bengal that offer postgraduate medical programs. The cut-offs for NEET PG counselling in West Bengal are generally lower than the national cut-offs.
To be eligible for NEET PG counselling in West Bengal, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- They must have passed the MBBS/BDS examination from a recognized university.
- They must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for PwD candidates).
- They must have completed 1 year of internship as a medical graduate.
- They must have a valid NEET PG score.
The application process for NEET PG counselling in West Bengal is conducted online through the West Bengal Medical Council (WBMC) website. The application form for NEET PG 2023 will be available on the WBMC website from March 1 to April 30, 2023.
The application fee for NEET PG counselling in West Bengal is INR 1,800 for General/OBC candidates and INR 1,200 for SC/ST candidates. The application fee can be paid online using Debit/Credit/Net banking.
The merit list for NEET PG counselling in West Bengal will be prepared on the basis of the candidate's NEET PG score and the choice of specialization. The merit list will be published on the WBMC website after the NEET PG exam is conducted.
The seat allotment for NEET PG counselling in West Bengal will be done through the WBMC online counselling process. The candidates will be allotted a seat in a postgraduate medical program in a medical college in West Bengal based on their NEET PG score, choice of specialization, and category.
- NEET PG 2023 exam: September 9, 2023
- NEET PG 2023 result: October 20, 2023
- NEET PG counselling West Bengal 2023: November 2023
NEET PG counselling in West Bengal is a transparent and fair way to allocate seats in postgraduate medical programs in medical colleges in West Bengal. However, due to the relatively low number of postgraduate medical seats in West Bengal, candidates may have to compromise on their choice of specialization or may have to travel to other states to pursue their postgraduate medical education.
- The number of postgraduate medical seats in West Bengal is around 1,300.
- The cut-off for NEET PG counselling in West Bengal varies from year to year. However, the general cut-off is around 600.
- The WBMC counselling process for West Bengal is divided into two rounds. The first round is for the state quota seats, and the second round is for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats.
Tips for NEET PG Counselling in West Bengal
- Start early with your preparation.
- Take mock tests regularly to assess your progress.
- Stay focused and motivated.
- Don't give up, even if you don't do well in the first attempt.
- NEET PG counselling in West Bengal is a competitive exam, so it is important to start your preparation early.
- There are many resources available to help you prepare for NEET PG counselling in West Bengal, such as books, online courses, and practice tests.
- It is also important to stay focused and motivated during your preparation.
- If you don't do well in the first attempt, don't give up. You can always try again.
I hope this blog has been informative. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate.
Powered by Froala Editor